Friday 14 November 2014

Classical Elements// Character Designs (simplified)


 Looking over the designs for the three characters I want to feature in the animation for this project; I suddenly realised these characters would be far too hard to animate. Because they were far too 'realistic'. I would have to spend so long on drawing strands of hair and scales when I really do need to run with this project.

So after looking over some inspiration and creating a mood board for each character I simplified these designs into a more 'cartoony' style. Now I feel like these characters are easier to draw and animate. With 'block' like hair rather then strands and simple colours rather then a more 'realistic' texture.

I really love the rough sketches I did for their new designs; I really like how childish these characters look in such a morbid story!

No comments:

Post a Comment