Sunday 2 November 2014

10 Second Animation Project// Character Design + Storyboarding

'CHAV'
Here are the character designs for both the 'chav' character I am portraying within the story and the unnamed male character.

'BOY'
 I wanted the 'Chav' to be a classic example of some of the girls I had the joy of going to school with. Thick gold chains. Giant hoops. Greasy combed back hair. Heavy makeup.  Over sized sport shoes. And of course, a revealing pointlessly tight track suit. Completed with the famous long pink talons hanging off the tips of their fingers.

With the 'Boy' I based him off a friend of mine. He has these unrealistic wide square shoulders, wide hips and this constant puzzled expression.

Chris sanders and his unique style then drawing figures heavy inspired this process and these characters.






storyboard (scribble)
With the storyboard I struggled. It's so difficult to fit an animation into a limited time frame, let alone make sure the storyboard doesn't drag on; So when it came to drawing out a storyboard I had to 'rush' frames. I also wanted some dramatic very cartoony angles and shots to be thrown in there, so focused on that before I even put pen to paper.

I'm still not very happy with how the story flows, so I'll most likely play around with the storyboards tomorrow. However, I am starting to animate tomorrow; but will most likely work on the running frame. Since that's just a straight on angle and I know I want it to look like that anyways...



No comments:

Post a Comment