Wednesday 20 May 2015

Using Maya// Segmented Pendulum

I had already animated a pendulum before in maya... However weeks later I was told I had to also animate a segmented pendulum - because it demonstrated clearly secondary motion.

Animating it was a simple case of setting keyframes with positions of all the pendulum, then using the  Cv curve tool I dragged each joint slightly behind the original movement by about two frames; resulting in a sort of delay in movement. A very realistic delay within the swinging of a segmented pendulum. I will admit I had a lot of help from a good friend of mine, James when animating this; because I really struggle with using Maya and anything to do with a computer as it is. However I feel like this animation is very beneficial to learn from, because secondary motion can make the most unrealistic thing come that little bit more to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment