Friday 15 May 2015

Applied Animation// Creating a 3D world within a 2D one VERSION ONE

Version ONE

Using the simplistic animation I animated over the easter holidays, I began to blend it with photoshop layers using After Effects. Learning from the experimental animation I did before the holidays in which I tested out using layers in After Effects and their position/scale to give the impression of a more 3D world in a 2D one - I used blades of grass to really emphasize the movement within the animation, since i felt looking back at it the animation on it's own wasn't too obvious that the camera was moving around her rather than the character turning on her own.  I also added in a monster, that curls around the horizon and grows larger as the camera zooms in on the scene slightly.

All of this was achieved with keyframes, in the transform setting of layers - assigning keyframes within the position and scaling of each layer working with each other to create the illusion of 3D.

However, I feel like this animation is missing something. I feel like I can add something more to emphasise the scene and the 'look' I am going for regarding this scene...

I'll try again tomorrow - see what else I can add.





No comments:

Post a Comment