Saturday 16 May 2015

Applied Animation// How music can be used effectively

Music (at least in my opinion) is equally as important in a title sequence as the visuals. For instantly, the visuals may be stunning however the music will be remembered long after the credits roll.


The Supernatural titles have the song 'Back in Black' by AC/DC, which is now a song that is associated with the series and vice-verier. Not only this but the original Shrek movie has a fantastic soundtrack but the songs will forever associated with Shrek. To the point where the instant the song comes on - you think of Shrek. This is also the case with a certain song from IceAge - 'Send me on my way' by rusted root is a song I can't help but listen to and think of Ice Age; and neither can my friends.

In Japanese animation the series opening theme is very carefully picked or even recorded especially for the series, the series Naruto (with over 60 opening titles and still counting) have collected opening themes from a vast number of artists.

In my animation I want to choice a song that's very digital, possibly 8bit music (video game music) that is also mixed with some sort of rock or possibly pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment