Saturday 16 May 2015

Applied Animation// Foam

This session we were going to finally create our foam figure in which we could then animate.

With the two molds (the two of them of each half of my figures form) we tightly bound the two against each other, before finally pouring the liquid foam into it. The liquid version of the foam expands and developed a form over time within the molds - to make sure the foam didn't just run to the bottom of the mold and coated the whole mold, we had to tilt the mold carefully as the foam expands inside.  

The first attempt didn't go very well for any of my classmates or for me. The foam figure was weird, bubbly and some segments of the mold hadn't even been foam'ed - the teacher leading the session thought it had something to do with the way he'd mixed the mix. Second attempt rolled on around and the end results were a lot better, despite the fact there were still air bubbles within the foam.

I really enjoyed my introduction in to ceramics, especially how I was able to design a character then I then could make - and given the possibility to give my own character (my baby) LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment