Friday 15 May 2015

Applied Animation// Creating a 3D world within a 2D one VERSION TWO

VERSION TWO

A few days have passed and I've been working on this scene in particular.
I like the effect the blades of grass give to the animation, with them being so close to the viewer then moving away alongside the characters turning - as the camera does. But I still felt I was missing a little something... So I added in clouds.  The monster was purple and really stood out from the scene, so I decided to make the clouds a pinkish to really pull together the colours in the scene and not make it too busy with colours or shades.  I animated the clouds in a way that gives the illusion they float across the sky - zoom past as the camera does - then continues to float past in the same direction as before, despite the camera now being in a different position.

I feel like the clouds really help emphasise the movement within the scene and sort of help as a 'anchor' for the whole movement of this segment; that helps the viewer really translate what's happening within the animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment