Thursday 10 December 2015

Responsive// LoopDeLoop sisters

For this time around Loop De Loops theme is 'sisters'.
I want to start working on this contest entry over the Christmas holidays because I plan to stay in Leeds for that time, so I'll be able to use the software and computers in university to animate this.

'' Having a sister is a relationship that you can born into or have forged over lifetime of friendship. For those of us who have a sister, we know that there are times when they can be our greatest competitor, our closest friend or a sage councillor. With such a wide range of experiences there is plenty of inspiration. So let’s show our respect to all the hard workin’ gals out there and create some awesome animations!'' -(Loop De Loop website)

So far I've developed one idea, from a real life event; yesterday I was walking around town with a dear friend of mine, a friend I regard as a sister in many ways. Someone whispered something perverted about us both as they passed us on the street, some sort of overly sexual definition of us both. Both me and my friend, however didn't feel at all bothered by it because we've got each other. We're sort of like a two person girl gang her and I, so when I'm hanging out with her I don't feel an inch of intimidation from any remarks people give us. So for this 'Sister' brief I want to focus on 'Girl Gangs' and how they combat sexist remarks in the street. I feel like this project brief will benefit me as an animator because Loop De Loop is a very popular website for animation students to gain a digital presence and social media presence and considering there's no entry fee there's really no costs involved - which is something I'm ALL for!



Below are a few concept drawings of the two girls for this brief:

For this animation I've been inspiered by artist 'Gemma Flack ' who produces a range of punk/feminist chararacter illustrations. Recently she's been hugely insperational to my own character design work as well as my work as an animator and colour artist. Here are a few of her illustrations below;






No comments:

Post a Comment