Wednesday 10 May 2017

Post-Production/// Poster development

Going back to illustration within the hour of finishing an animation entirely is wonderful, animation is stressful but hugely enjoyable - I personally find it stressful because every frame finished means the next needs to be drawn now. Approaching a character I'd got to know so well over creating 3 minutes of animation and grown to love in something that wasn't animation. Illustrating the same character was a nice way to relax after finishing a film, still working but almost giving myself a treat after drawing 100's of frames. However, I still didn't know what to do for a poster.

I took a look online, looking at popular and famous posters on Google and selected a few of my personal favorites. I took huge inspiration by drawing out a few posters with the characters from my film, I've saved my most treasured ones.
Despite really really really REALLY wanting to do the EVANGELION poster seriously and submitting that, I didn't want to take my personal approach. I wanted to be professional with the cartoon I'd spent months on and I wanted to create something that reflected on the film and promoted it in a positive light that featured elements from the film without showing it all.  I started drawing up a rough sketch on Photoshop and really started liking it so continued working on, until I'd already drawn the line art and colour.
Line Art
Flat Colour





















Over all I really love the poster, I even printed off a copy for myself to display at my studio. I feel like it reflects Benjamin's character well without being over loaded with elements from the film. It's polight and charming.

Finished Poster A3

Edit: I forgot to add the universtiy's logo so had to go back and render out a version with the logo.

Leeds college of Art LOGO

No comments:

Post a Comment