Tuesday 10 February 2015

Using Maya// Keep On Trucking

 Here are three rendered images taken from my first induction into using Maya; where I followed simple instructions to model a basic truck shape. This introduction to the software introduced me to basic model building.

I learnt how to craft basic 3D shapes and manipulate those basic shapes into different forms; such as smoothing out an edge or curving it.

I found the software difficult to understand and very frustrating at times.

But. Looking back on it? I'd quite like to use this software again. There are a lot of possibilities in what you can create and I really like that aspect of the software. That is the only reason I would want to use this software. Being someone who is a fan of hand draw animation and doing everything by hand, digital 3D animation doesn't really interest me right now… However I am proud of my little truck fella. I mean, he's adorable. Isn't he?


No comments:

Post a Comment