Sunday 8 February 2015

Applied Animation// Selecting A Book

Originally I really wanted to work with the series of children's books 'Hariy Maclary' however after looking into the books I experienced the horrible situation of stumbling across an animated adaptation of the books - I cried artistic tears from my creativity. I resorted to going to Amazon to randomly search around for popular books and not finding much besides soppy vampire stories and ovally complex fantasy stories; I desired to resort to my own bookshelf not really expecting to find anything that wasn't already from a movie. But to my surprise, I found a 3 part series of Japanese comics for children that I haven't read yet!

…Swans in space? Wait. When did I buy these?             I found three volume of the 2009 children's manga pushed aside on my bookshelf somehow with my collection of adventure time comics. It was only after a friend of mine reminded me that I remembered where I got them from. I bought all three books as a cluster from 'Forbidden Planet' in Leeds, a comic book store for £5.00. A real bargain but I haven't had the chance to read any yet, not even a page…  However flipping over the first volume, I instantly fell in love with the style and what seemed to be the storyline. The series sort of reminds me like The Powerpuff Girls in space…with a few japanese animation clichés added on for good measure.

And to my luck, after goggling up the series I couldn't even find a Wiki page on the series and nothing besides a few light reviews. So I'm confident about using this series of three books for this project!

-Molly (a very pleased animation student) x

No comments:

Post a Comment