Sunday 11 January 2015

Classical Elements// Recording sound and sound effects

I was introduced to the 'sound booth' which was quite intimidating to say the least, being surrounded by expensive equipment and all...  but it hadn't been my first time in there. After all I helped a few class mates with their recordings a few weeks back.

I asked three friends of mine to help with the narrations for the animation. To help with giving the characters a 'voice' I rendered the animation without any sound at all at a low quality to use as a 'reference' when recording. I then had my 'voices' watch the animation a few times before recording them 'narrate' the animation with sound effects in real time. It was pretty simple.

For the sound effects I searched the internet for them, such as the bubble effect, the forest effect and of course the splash effects.

When putting the sound files into after effects it took more effort then I originally thought to cut out all the laughter from each MP3. After I synced the sound with each character I then had to lower each 'sound wave' to the correct volume. Because the voice that narrated the mermaid was so soft and feminine was unbelievably quiet compared to the loud laughter from the two other voices.

No comments:

Post a Comment