Tuesday 17 March 2015

Human Form within Animation///The Tale of The Princess Kaguya

The Tale of The Princess Kaguya was released by Studio Ghibli in 2013 and has only recently been shown in UK theaters under an English and Japanese dub.

 I haven't been the full film, however I have seen a short clip online which I absolutely adored. I'm a huge an of hand drawn animation to begin with, but this movie looks so lovely. A little too 'messy' for some but I like the sort of 'sketchy' look to the animation. Especially with the characters moving so fluidly and naturally. The line work reminds me of quick life drawning sketches I've done in past, where movement has been suggested rather then only focusing on a 'natural outline'.  I also really like the texture the pencil marks have given the animation, really defining what it means to 'draw something to life'.

No comments:

Post a Comment