Monday 16 March 2015

Applied Animation/// Simplistic Colours

Lucy colour test

Lucy colour 
Colour Pallets of main characters


At the start of the project I focused on a short comic series 'Swans In Space' however changed my focus because I wasn't inspired by the story and found it difficult to work with. But I loved the colours in the comics - I loved how every colour worked with not only that character but the next character and even the surroundings. I've put a lot of thought into character design, especially colour.

Colour theory has always interested me, how certain colours gain a certain reaction physiologically - or we see a certain colour representing something else - Such as pink being associated with being female or perhaps innocent, since it's seen as a childish or girly colour.  I also wanted each characters 'shape' to reflect their personality. Lucy looks very intimidating, because I base her appearance (especially her features) off of a tiger, since the character has a pet tiger in the comics. In a contrast, Emma's design is much more school uniform like, her eyes are bigger and she's often smiling - I really wanted to emphasise her innocent/excitable personality.

Backgrounds I feel need to feature pastels and/or lighter shades. I feel like such colours would help pull together both characters designs and colour pallets.

No comments:

Post a Comment