Thursday 28 April 2016

Documentary Animation// Scene Layouts

Today I handed in my CoP2 work for my second year of studying within the subject and as a result I'm not free to continue working on the Dad Documentary Project. I haven't worked on the project for a few days, because I've been waiting for backgrounds so I'm a little 'out of the loop' with animating. Before are a few examples of layouts for the scenes I'll be animating that I mocked up by referencing the storyboard by Malachi, our background artist.

When I begin animating a scene I start with a very basic visual structure in order to get an idea of how the final product will look on screen. I illustrate the objects/environment loosely with red and the character placement with blue. I then begin animating the characters and I draw the environment last, or drop in the background if they've been provided for me.

Scene 4.2 layout
Scene 5 layout

Scene 6 layout
As an example here's the finished animation scene for 'Scene 4.2' -
in this scene, the storyboard was poorly edited together and the timing was off; so I added an additional character in order to portray the narrative better visually.
WIP shot from 'DAD Documentary'












No comments:

Post a Comment