Monday 28 September 2015

Telling Tales// Introduction

This morning I received a project briefing, which in my eyes is much like a blessing from the heavens; considering that all I've been doing over summer is accomplishing small simplistic tasks around the house, things like unpacking and cleaning the same lot of clothes over and over. I couldn't wait to gaze upon the juicy details on our first project as second year animation students earlier today, the title popping up reading 'Character+narrative' was enough to get me excited about working again! However, I must admit being informed this projects character design/concept work would result in a 3D Maya animated piece did fill me with fear for a moment. The last time I have had contact with the lucrative Maya program was a few months ago, to be honest I had already begun to feel confident using the software so I did warm to the idea of revisiting Maya towards the end of the briefing. 

The project briefing itself consists of working in pairs; each designing and professionally producing one character each, then incorporating these characters into a 3D animation using Maya along with a designed environment. We are also expected to include some sort of narrative, not necessarily dialogue but some form of sound.  As far as story plot options we were given non, rather we were given titles instead which suggest a plot option which consist of 'Happy Days,Opposites Attract,Last Chance,Predator Prey,Road to Nowhere,Adrift,Leap of Faith,The Message and Rivals'. Glancing over the options for titles I was already leaning towards certain options such as 'Last Chance' and 'Adrift'. 

My work partner for this project ended by being Jemma Tegg. Well I say 'ended up being', in fact we both gave each other the 'creative eyes' from across the room then ran into each others arms with great passion and joy. I'm talking a very delicate and romantic moment between two artists here... Brings a tear to my eye just remembering it even...


ANYWAYS. I can't wait to start working on this project and learning to use software like Maya more effectively.


No comments:

Post a Comment