Thursday 9 October 2014

The Lion And The Unicorn -Storyboarding Nursery Rhymes part 3


After looking over my 'finished' storyboards I noticed in certain frames it was hard to really tell what was going on with just lines. So I've decided I'm going to add colour to the storyboards tomorrow to really bring out each frame and what is happening within them.
 
 However, that involves a certain level of character design. I didn't really think about the colour scheme of these two characters when I drafted up the original storyboards.. But I knew I wanted both characters to match each other and at the same time to have opposite colour scheme; so after glancing over the 'colour wheel' I noticed Yellow was opposite to blue and purple. I based each characters colour design in relative to their opposition in the story, since they're beating each other up!
 
Concept Art Of 'LION'
I wanted 'Lion' to be chubby and butch, so avoided using soft shades and instead focused on harsh dominating colours.



Concept Art Of 'UNICORN'

With 'Unicorn' I wanted him to be skinny and tall. I also wanted him to look glamorous and possibly vain; So i focused on using soft shades and making sure his hair always looked perfectly shiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment