Monday 2 November 2015

Telling Tales// Starting to model the character

Today I began modelling the character I had designed for this project in Maya. 
After learning the routine of basic model construction, rigging and control assignment from my introduction classes into Maya I felt pretty confident modelling for the first time by myself. Using a helpful T-pose that I roughy sketched out this morning, I found it easy to craft the basic shape of my character. 
When designing this character I forced on keeping her figure simplistic, so modelling that character in a 3D environment later on wouldn't be too stressful for a newbie like myself.  
Using the hips as a central starting point I simply used the 'exclude tool' and occasionally repositioned the odd vertex to model her. The problems I encountered with the 'test model' did not reoccur this time, however I did have to familiarise myself with easier steps using the online tutorial videos my tutor posted online about modelling. 

Below are a few screenshots of the models progress; 



No comments:

Post a Comment