Saturday 11 April 2015

Applied Animation// Animating with GIMP hurts me


eyes closed

Over the Easter holidays I haven't been able to balance animating (very well) with having... well, a holiday and visiting my family. Instead of photoshop I've been using GIMP which is already downloaded onto my ALREADY over loaded laptop; and of course, it's the same basic software, you can do the same sort of things in it, but... slower... and it's often more confusing.  
opens eyes

So when it came to beginning to draw up frames, I really really struggled at first... Onion skinning wasn't an option here. So I had to animate on loads of layers at the same time, with isn't something I'm used to doing...

Camera pulls back
But at least, when drawing up the storyboard for this project I used GIMP, so it was just a case of going back to the original digital storyboards and 'tracing' over to refine the drawings. Which, is what I've been doing most of today... 

I think the few frames I've managed to produce in just under three hours are 'clean' enough. At least, I think they are... I also found out you can exsport GIFS in GIMP which was something I only thought software like photoshop could do! So here is a GIF of the animating I've done SO far...


I'm not sure if I need to drop in an inbetween frame or two to make it 'smoother' because it's a very FAST pull back as it is...
 










No comments:

Post a Comment