Wednesday 15 April 2015

Applied Animation/// TOO many frames?

Today I finished the 26 frames that covers the 2 second opening of my project...

Frames 1-26 (INCLUDING FRAME 23)
However, after rendering the frames into a small GIF to see if the frames flowed well together, I noticed the character looks very... awkward, lifting her AXE. She's a little slow and I really had it in mind for her to lift it quite fluidly.







FRAME 23 'slow frame'

This is the frame I notice makes the fluid action of her lifting her weapon - less than 'fluid'. This frame, which I've dubbed the 'slow frame' is the reason her movement sees - well - slow.








Frames 1-26 (WITHOUT FRAME 23)

So I RE-rendered out a GIF of the frames, however this time I removed the 'slow frame' Frame 23 and she moves way more smoothly now, so I think I'm going to keep it removed. I've contemplated the removal by 'holding' the 26th frame, which I also feel works well - it gives the viewer the chance to really register her appearance and weapon. I'm going to double up the frames I'm drawing anyways, so 12fps become 24fps just to give the whole thing more of a 'flow'.





No comments:

Post a Comment