Monday 13 February 2017

Introduction// The Pitch

I created a short presentation about the project I'm currently developing which I presented to my tutor as well as a number of people outside of the university for feed back. Below are the slides that were shown as part of the presentation as well as notes I prepared for myself.


Slide 1:

- Say Hello

Slide 2:

-Explain reasons behind project.
-Representation of queer and feminist themes.
-Talking about identity in a way that's suitable and understandable for a younger audiences.
-Aims on creating a well made digitally hand-drawn animation.

Slide 3:

-2D hand-drawn, digitally.
-Mixture of Photoshop and After Effects.
- Moving away from 'Computer animation'.

Slide 4:

-All ages.
-Aimed at positive 'successful' understanding from a younger audience, (16 and under).

Slide 5:

-GLAAD reports, children's media.
-Femenist and Queer theory.
-Negative stereotyping in past children's animations such as Loony Toons and Tom and Jerry.Slide 6:

Slide 6:

-DEADLINES

Response

The response I had from the presentation was positive, focused on representing prejudices against LGBTQ+ identifies and minorities as '' wonderful '' for children to be able to understand and learn from. The only concern I had, was the worry that I wouldn't be successful in completing an animation by myself at the level I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment